What’s on your bucket list:
Well I don’t have a bucket list, list. I do have a 30 by 30 list which isn’t going the best given I’ve now got less than 3 years to accomplish the stuff.
That list is:
30 things I want to do by my 30th birthday:
Get a tattoo(Actually getting my 2nd one after I skydive this summer!) Run a 5K
- Learn how to shoot a gun & go hunting (first half is happening next time I go home to my parents house!)
- Go skydiving (happening this summer—bought a groupon so I can’t back out)
- Finish the first draft of my first novel
- Learn how to keep my bedroom clean & organized (I have my days…)
- Run a 10K
- Travel abroad
- Learn how to cook more options and become a better baker. (I could probably cross this off if I ever had anyone to cook/bake for. I hate cooking for one!)
- Learn how to surf
- Learn to jump on horseback
- Go horseback riding on the beach
- Learn to snorkel/scuba dive
- Go white water rafting
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Ride a mechanical bull (and stay on for at least 4 seconds)
- Learn how to drive a motorcycle(get my license.)
- Go rock climbing (I’ve done the walls, but never experienced the real deal!)
- Swim with dolphins
- See the Empire State Building
- Become a morning person (I have my days…)
- Make a difference in someone’s life (I like to hope I’ve already done this, but will still strive for it.)
- Give back to Shriner’s Hospital for Children in Minneapolis, MN in some form
- Complete NaNoWriMo (not happening this year, sadly)
- Become involved in Suicide Prevention in honor of Adam & all the others I’ve known
- Go to a professional sporting event for a sport for the first time (NBA, WNBA, NHL, NASCAR, ATP)
- Promote more research into genetic causes behind bilateral talipes equinovarus.
- Prove my doctors wrong about being in a wheelchair (Was told I’d be in a wheelchair by 30…)
Turn my passions into a career
- Fall in Love
So I’ve got 27 things to do in just 1078 days. Eeeek. Well make that 26. The last one is nothing I can put a timeline on despite wanting to.
Of course some other things never made the list and have happened/will happen. I’m going on my first solo vacation in April. I’m flying by myself for the first time at the end of the month for work which makes my first solo vacation a little less scary now. I haven’t flown since 2003 and I’ve never flown alone. Only twice on group trips, so saying I’m kinda freaking myself out is putting it lightly. I didn’t enjoy flying at all the two previous times…didn’t hate it, but didn’t enjoy it.
And there is plenty of other places and events that I want to see in my lifetime as well as plenty of things I want to try.
I love trying new things….as long as it’s not a new food. I’m worst than a little kid when it comes to food. Or drink for that matter. I’m beyond predictable.